Friday, October 30, 2015

Contract Marriage

Every action we make has a purpose.  These purposes are usually clear to ourselves but not always to others.  

How many times have you been talking with someone and either of you said something way off topic? I know I've done it before, our minds move quickly.  For example during a conversation a friend can mention candy, this could set me thinking about gum and then peppermint and then Christmas.  My next comment is an exclamation of how excited I am for Christmas.  While the progression was clear to me my friend my have trouble following.

In the same way we all have expectations.  For almost everything.  Eat a meal, go to a movie, make a comment, watch a game or start a relationship.  There are expectations. 

It is incredibly important before marriage that a couple discuss their expectations.  In some cases a couple can even create a marriage contract to help both parties see the expectations of their future spouse. 

It may sound old fashion or overkill but we'll discuss early marriage difficulties in the next post and you may change you mind.  

Communication is key in any relationship.  Not surprisingly that does not change with marriage.

At the very least, recognize that in any relationship both individuals come into it with expectations.  And that the relationship will be more enjoyable for if those expectations are communicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment